Terms for granting the student card
A student must fulfill all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive a student card:
1. The student is studying full-time at a university of applied sciences without receiving a salary and does not have permanent employment or employment that is comparable to that. The student is registered as present at the university of applied sciences for the academic term or year in question. The student must present proof of this registration upon request.
2. The student is studying for a Bachelor’s degree (ammattikorkeakoulututkinto) and has not completed a prior Master’s degree (ylempi korkeakoulututkinto). Examples of Bachelor’s degrees are Bachelor of Business Administration (tradenomi), Bachelor of Nursing (sairaanhoitaja (AMK)), Bachelor of Engineering (insinööri (AMK)) or Bachelor of Social Services (sosionomi (AMK).
3. The duration of studies is at least eight (8) months. An exchange student does not have to study in Finland for the whole of that period, but needs to be able to provide proof that she/he is enrolled in a degree programme lasting at least the required eight months.
4. The studies are not part of apprenticeship training or of labour market training (työvoimakoulutus), nor of personnel training (henkilöstökoulutus).
5. The student commits to returning the student card upon graduation or if she/he otherwise ceases to fulfill the abovementioned conditions for the student card.
(6. If student wants to have the student card with payment option or the ISIC/payment-option card through Frank, he/she must have a Finnish Personal Identity Code.)
26.5.2016 there might be changes for the criteria in the near future, ask more from the Union.
If you are unsure if you fulfill the criteria for the student card, please contact the Student Union’s office, phone 045 357 6991 or email email@example.com